[Mailman-Users] https for mailman use

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 15:49:47 CEST 2003

At 03:02 07/04/2003, Michael Mansour wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've recently put mailman on-line, after a week or so of testing.
>
>I like the product alot.
>
>This is now my first day of administering the environment from a remote
>location, and I realised SSL isn't being used when entering my list admin
>password.
>
>How can I force SSL (https) connectivity for all mail web pages?
>
>Your help is appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Michael.

You will need to:

1. make the appropriate changes to you Apache httpd.conf so that your
server will only make the Mailman web interface URIs available via https.

2. assuming MM 2.1.1, assign the value of the DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN MM config
variable in mm_cfg.py to use the https scheme, e.g.

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

This should ensure that the web_page_url atrribute of new lists uses https

3. use $prefix/bin/fix_url.py to get the change to DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN to
propagate to the web_page_url attribute of any existing lists.