[Mailman-Users] Using Mailman in a corporate environment with Exchange 5.5...

Bill Hilburn bhilburn at frontier.net
Fri Apr 4 23:02:05 CEST 2003

Create a custom recipient named "list" (your list name) and forward it to
list at listbox.corporate.net (again <your list name>@listbox.corporate.net).

Example:

I want a list called "NOC at mycompany.com".

Create a custom recipient on the exchange box named "NOC" and forward the mail
to NOC at listbox.mycompany.com

Quoting jbrouhard at ci.st-joseph.mo.us:

> Okay, I got myself a problem I need some serious help with.
>
> I run various mail servers that run RedHat Linux, and a variety of MTA's
> (Postfix, Sendmail namely) and some have Mailman on them.  They all work
> wonderfully.  However where I work we have an Exchange 5.5 server for our
> mail, and I've got a problem getting Mailman/Sendmail to work with it.
>
> Every time I send an email to a test list (for example,
> test-l at listbox.corporate.net), the Exchange server replies saying "Unknown
> User" or "Unknown Receipient".  Now I have no clue what is causing this,
> aside from the explaination I've been given:
>
> Exchange Server 5.5 strips the "hostname' from the email address:
> list at listbox.corporate.net becomes list at corporate.net.
>
> The Listbox is running RedHat 8.0, Sendmail, and MailMan 2.0.13
>
> The full error when I try to send from my corporate account is (I have
> blanked out our listserv's domain for security reasons):

Bill Hilburn
NOC Frontier Internet