[Mailman-Users] Multiple Mailman Problems

Gordon Guthrie gordon_guthrie at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 01:17:45 CEST 2003

I have installed Debian Woody and set Mailman up (updated to the woody5
security release).

The problems I'm having is that none of the options I set in the admin pages
seem to work, for instance:
1 - Setting: Prefix for subject line of list postings - not used in e-mails

2 - Setting: Where are replies to list messages directed? Poster is strongly
recommended for most mailing lists - always shows the original poster, can't
make Reply-To work (even with Explict)

3 - Archive messages? - nothing is archived, ever - the mailboxes in
$prefix/archive/private don't exist (the links from $prefix/archive/public
do exist though)

4 - Footer added to mail sent to regular list members - no footer added to
e-mail

I have done most of the security stuff suggested in the Securing Debian
manual - which implies setting up PAM and doing lots of security stuff...

I get a Tiger message that the user list has no login capability - even
though there are cron jobs that depend on it, I'm not sure what that means
for me though...

Any help appreciated...

Gordon