[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman version 2.1.1?

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Wed Apr 2 21:16:10 CEST 2003

Some list owners report the following. Seeing the permissions problem with
the error file, I changed the permissions, which at least allows owners to
get into their admin pages (they couldn't before).  However, now it appears
the nobody can post. The mailq doesn't seem to be processing, even though I
flushed it (I am using Postfix). All posted messages appear in the logs as
being sent, yet don't appear to be stuck in the queue.

I am unsure as to how to proceed. I can send messages through the system, so
I know that Postfix is working.

Any ideas?

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.1

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/lists/scripts/driver", line 68, in run_main
    immediate=1)
  File "/lists/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 52, in __init__
    Logger.__init__(self, category, nofail, immediate)
  File "/lists/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 49, in __init__
    self.__get_f()
  File "/lists/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 67, in __get_f
    1)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/codecs.py", line 496, in open
    file = __builtin__.open(filename, mode, buffering)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/lists/logs/error'

Christopher Adams
Library Systems Analyst
Oregon State Library
503-378-4243  x258