[Mailman-Users] Installation woes

Dan Gookin dgookin at wambooli.com
Wed Apr 2 18:48:51 CEST 2003

I'm really excited about switching my newsletter list from majordomo
over to Mailman, but I'm having an installation issue I thought I'd
run by you all.

I'm on FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE (just updated yesterday). I only have
Python 2.2, but I'm not certain that's my issue.

According to the README.BSD I used:

make DIRGETGID=: install

But make comes back with:

>Creating architecture independent directories...
>chmod o-r /usr/local/mailman/archives/private
>Creating architecture dependent directories...
>make: don't know how to make install. Stop
>*** Error code 2
>
>Stop in /usr/local/mailman-2.1.1.

Any help would be appreciated. I admit that I am not a FreeBSD
expert, but I am willing to learn. TIA.

DAN