[Mailman-Users] personlized mails

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Wed Apr 2 17:29:25 CEST 2003

* willem vermeulen (willemv at datapro.co.za) wrote:
> i want to send emails to individuals. Each mail is addressed to the person eg
> Dear bob,
>
> willem

Goto http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg13981.html
That will give you a rundown of what you need to configure for personalized
messages.

Then after the personilization is enabled, goto the non-digest option page
and look at the help file there.  It will give you a list of variables to
use.

(Since I have it pulled up.. I'll paste them here)

These additional substitution variables will be available for your headers
and footers, when this feature is enabled:

user_address - The address of the user, coerced to lower case.
user_delivered_to - The case-preserved address that the user is subscribed
with.
user_password - The user's password.
user_name - The user's full name.
user_optionsurl - The url to the user's option page.

This is only available in mailman 2.1 and up.  mailman 2.0.X does not have
this capability.  And to get the user's name in the emails, you must have
their name in the membership list.

Keep the cat off the keyboard, they're notorious for sitting on keys.  Your
email had about 10 pages at least of white space.

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

B.Gates : quality software :: R.McDonald : gourmet cuisine