[Mailman-Users] User Unknown

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 16:29:54 CEST 2003

At 13:36 02/04/2003, Michael Mansour wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm brand new to Mailman.
>
>I've created a Mailing list "test" and subscribed to the list via my email
>address, the message gets sent as:
>
>test-request at mydomain.com
>
>But when I click the reply button, and then click send, I get the following:
>

>Apr  2 22:35:37 pcserv sendmail[25359]: h32CZaDm025359:
><test-request at mydomain.com>... User unknown

This is your MTA (sendmail) telling you it does not know about the list's
mail alias(es).

Have you added the list's mail aliases to the sendmail aliases file and
rebuilt the sendmail aliases database?

Typically, on Linux, you should have added the new list's mail aliases to a
file such as /etc/mail/aliases and run make in the directory /etc/mail or
some similar incantation depending on the brand of *nix you are running.