[Mailman-Users] Qmail & Mailman (yet again)

Brian Reichholf brian at reichholf.at
Sun Sep 29 18:31:21 CEST 2002

well, after not having gotten any reply from the list for... "too long" i
mailed somebody who had this problem too, and didn't get a reply (he posted
the problem in may 2002 i think it was)
and he guided me through it, problem was:

using tcpserv i had to allow my ip (not 127.0.0 but my "global" ip) to
relay, and as you said it is in the instructions.. but having the
instrucions more readable for others would be a great help and help a *LOT*
i think (especially the README.QMAIL can be a pain too often as it doesn't
help at all, imho)

anyway, it's fixed, and settled, after configuring it properly (with the
appropriate gid's and uid's) and entering my boxes "external" ip into
tcp.smtp it worked without a problem (owh, i almost forgot to add: don't
forget the cron entries too ofc ;-))

thanks for your reply anyway though Tom!

regards,
-Brian