[Mailman-Users] nomail control?

Raquel Rice raquel at thericehouse.net
Mon Sep 30 19:15:49 CEST 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:10:25 -0700
"Christopher Adams" <chris.a.adams at state.or.us> wrote:

> A couple of my lists keep coming up half the subscribers set as
> 'nomail'. I know they have not all set their own to 'nomail', so I
> assume it was set automatically because of some DNS problem. Is
> there a way to control how many times Mailman tries to connect to
> send the message before setting them to 'nomail'? Also, I thought
> that when a user's account was 'disabled'(automatically set to
> nomail), the owner received a message indicating this.
>
> Maybe my assumptions about what has happened are incorrect, but
> that is the only way I can figure that so many have been set to
> 'nomail'.
>

> Christopher Adams

Christopher,

The current "beta" version, 2.1.b3 provides better handling of
bounced messages.  You may or may not wish to use a beta version in
your environment.  However, I've been using it for several weeks
without problems and I think there are others who have also.

--
Raquel
Since when do you have to agree with people to defend them from