[Mailman-Users] How to kill the evil that is sendmail

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Thu Sep 26 01:12:13 CEST 2002

Hi Angel,

What you need to do is configure sendmail to not be persistent with flaky
mail servers (this assumes it is not your mail server that is flaky).  I do
this on my lists because I don't want every thing backing up when someone's
home based linux mailserver is down while they are fsking with it.  Besides,
if they really want the missed email, they can go look in the archives.
Here are my relevant sendmail.cf settings that pertain to this, basically
they cause sendmail to not waste much time:

# timeouts (many of these)
O Timeout.initial=1m
O Timeout.connect=0
O Timeout.iconnect=30s