[Mailman-Users] FW: Cron <mailman at raw-talent> /usr/bin/python -S /var/mailman/cron/senddigests

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Wed Sep 25 17:47:34 CEST 2002

It sounds like the config.db for one of your lists was corrupted.

Did you have an unexpected power failure recently?  I did on Sunday
and lost the config.db for two of my high traffic lists.  About
half of the file was written over with null bytes.

I wrote a tool (Win32, although it should be easy to port to Unix) to
extract the addresses from config.db if you are interested.  Mailman
stores each address in there 3 or 4 times, so even with half of the
file missing I was able to recover everything.  I sent email to all of
the addresses telling people to resubscribe and started the lists over
from scratch.

I put the tool online at http://www.phred.org/~alex/dumpconfig

Here is sample usage:
> dumpconfig config.db.test
config file is 8028 bytes
user options {
    alex at phred.org=8
}
members {
	alex at phred.org=0
}
passwords {
	alex at phred.org=xxxxxx
}
digest members {
}

alex at phred.org

This isn't an ideal solution, but it worked for me when I didn't
have a recent enough backup.

alex