[Mailman-Users] formating of List-specific welcome message?

Lars Andersson lars at rockar.nu
Tue Sep 24 12:10:42 CEST 2002

I'm having some problems formating welcome messages to new users. I want
to be able to put some newlines in the welcome message ( the field
"List-specific text prepended to new-subscriber welcome message" on the
admin pages).

When i put one linebreak it's silently ignored, when I put two it gives
me two linebreaks.

For example, I want to format it like this

Headline
========
Text

When I enter it like above i get
Headline ==== Text
in the welcome mails.

When I enter the following
Headline

=======

Text

I get this in the mail

Headline

=======

Text

Maybe it's not possible to get the linebreaks like I want it. In any way
I'm mighty pleased with the performance of Mailman.

I'm using the following when I enter the text on the admin pages.
Browser: 	Opera Version 6.02 on Linux.
Mailman:	2.0.13 with a large list (+14k subscribers) and a few small lists

To read the formating of the mail I'm using pine and mutt.

Regards
/Lars