[Mailman-Users] Is there a way to change to archiving setting after list has already been created?

David A Gilbert dagilbert at raytheon.com
Mon Sep 23 21:25:15 CEST 2002

Hello,

I need to change a bunch of existing lists that are currently doing 2 below
(archive to both mbox and builtin mailman html archiving) to 1 below
(archive to mbox to use an external archiving mechanism only).
# ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX
      #-1 - do not do any archiving
      # 0 - do not archive to mbox, use builtin mailman html archiving only
      # 1 - archive to mbox to use an external archiving mechanism only
      # 2 - archive to both mbox and builtin mailman html archiving -
      #     use this to make both external archiving mechanism work and
      #     mailman's builtin html archiving.  the flat mail file can be
      #     useful for searching, external archivers, etc.
      #
ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 2

I looked at the parameters that could be configured using the config_list
script, I did a dumpdb of the list database file and I checked the archive
options on the Web Admin page for the list and there only seemed to be the
option to turn archiving on or off, not to change the type of archiving.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

David

David A Gilbert
Raytheon Company