[Mailman-Users] Oh no! Multiple Emails going out to people!

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 23 20:52:06 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 12:17, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:37:32 +0100
> Angel Gabriel <badmangabriel at lycos.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I would like to know, how I can strip duplicate emails out of my
> > subscriber list. Apparently, multiple emails are being sent out to
> > people, and I'm not sure how to stop this. People are getting pissed
> > off, and are complaining
>
> If multiple versions of the same person's address are in your DB there's
> not much you can do other than having them individually clean up their
> own accounts.

If you are seeing a lot of emails going out to various folks (but never
consistently the same folks) then the problem is most likely with your
system.  Processes could be starting up, failing over, and then
restarting.

You need to monitor your system while sending.  The log files will also
tell you a great deal about what is going on.

Good Luck