[Mailman-Users] What do these errors mean?

bronto bronto at csd-bes.net
Sun Sep 22 22:18:26 CEST 2002

I'm running Mailamn v2.1b2, and just got these errors sent to my email:

Subject: Cron <mailman at g3> /usr/bin/python2 -S
/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 44, in ?
     from Mailman import MailList
ValueError: bad marshal data

/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 44, in ?
     from Mailman import MailList
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 65, in ?
     from Mailman.OldStyleMemberships import OldStyleMemberships
ValueError: bad marshal data

They came five minutes apart.  The reference to "gate" suggests to me that
it might have something to do with newsgroup syncing, but I'm not doing any
of that.

Thanks

Rob