[Mailman-Users] Re: Error installing 2.0.13

Maria Garcia Suarez mariagarciasuarez at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 23:18:35 CEST 2002

Hi there!

--- Maria Garcia Suarez <mariagarciasuarez at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> --- "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley at pcraft.com> wrote:
> > Maria Garcia Suarez wrote:
> >
> > > Just a comment: as I saw those errors I didn't
> > check
> > > if everything was Ok, but after reading your
> mail
> > > did, I went to $prefix and bin/check'ed_perms
> and
> > > system answered "No problems found" :-)
> >
> >     That just checks for permissions.  Based on
> your
> > previous error message,
> > none of the templates were copied over as they
> > should have, so your installation
> > isn't exactly complete yet.  You will see errors
> > once you start using your
> > installation.
>
> Unfortunatelly you are right....
>
> newlist script fails at its end... I'll try to copy
> from the source to the templates location.... just
> try, let's hope it works :-)

Now everything seems to work fine... except for one
little thing.... I've ended up where I was some days
ago when I joined the list :-(

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg12125.html

I haven't checked the log files cause I too tired to
do that but I guess they are the same that the ones I
send some days ago :-(  I don't get mails, they get
locked in the system. I even don't receive the first
one, the one that notifies that a new list has been
created....

After the long trip I have the problem I had.....

Anyone knows where the problem is? Thx! :-)

I'll not stop until I manage to make it work. I didn't
walk such a long path to stop in the middle of nowhere
:-)

Thanks for all your help! :-)

Kisses,

Maria G Suarez