[Mailman-Users] Searchable archives

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Thu Sep 19 20:34:56 CEST 2002

Richard,

Perhaps you could take a minute to sketch the advantages of the options mentioned, the FAQ
tells me that there are three but gives no clue as to establishing a preference among
MnoGoSearch, HT:Dig, and  Pipermail itself.

I have never tried to set any of these up, and the only one I recall reading about here is
HT:Dig. Since I have a couple of lists that probably are candidates for a search feature I'd
like to hear how the contenders compare.

Van

Richard Barrett wrote:

> There is a FAQ entry on this topic:
>
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.011.htp
>
> which also refers to a couple of patches I maintain to integrate htdig with
> MM. If you decide to use these make sure you download and apply the correct
> patch version for the MM version you are running. These patches will handle
> indexing/search of both public archives and private archives, with privacy
> access control being maintained for the latter:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=444879&group_id=103&atid=300103
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=444884&group_id=103&atid=300103

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,