[Mailman-Users] Re: Bouncing Mail - How is it treated?

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Wed Sep 18 09:47:18 CEST 2002

J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:57:19 -0700
> Will Yardley <william+mm at hq.newdream.net> wrote:
>
>> The list admin will receive the bounce message(s)...

> False.  The admin will receive copies of bounce messages that Mailman
> was unable to reliably process.

> > The current stable version of Mailman doesn't support any sort of
> > automatic bounce handling; ...
>
> False.  Mailman v 2.0 has a poorly documented bounce handling system
> that works reasonably (not well, not horribly).  Its largely
> unconfigurable beyond what action to take on bouncers (nomail,
> unsubscribe, etc).

Ok, ok. I stand 100% corrected.
It's been a while since I've delved into the "bounce" menu, and since I
do receive bounce messages occasionally (apparently the ones Mailman
can't process) I figured that Mailman didn't currently do this.

Sorry for spreading inaccurate information...

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >