[Mailman-Users] Re: Bouncing Mail - How is it treated?

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Wed Sep 18 07:56:33 CEST 2002

Au contraire! Every version of Mailman I've used (back to 2.0.4, now on 2.0.12+)
has handled bounced message with aplomb. Check out:

     http://<your.server.here>/mailman/admin/<listname>/bounce

for the options.

Van

Will Yardley wrote:

> Angel Gabriel wrote:
>
> > I'd like to know how bouncing mail is treated, is it removed from the list?
> > Will I be notified of each bouncing address?? How long before it's taken off
> > the list? What about people who use web mail, can mailman tell the
> > difference between an error because of a full mailbox, and an error because
> > of a non existent user?
>
> The list admin will receive the bounce message(s)...
>
> The current stable version of Mailman doesn't support any sort of
> automatic bounce handling; I'm not sure if future versions will.
>
> --
> Will Yardley
> input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,