[Mailman-Users] problems with virtual hosting

Patrick O'Brien pdo at cs.umd.edu
Wed Sep 11 08:15:09 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm setting up mailman on a machine that handles mail for a different domain
than it's actual name is.  I realize this is pretty standard, and it works for
the most part.

However, when I subscribe/undsubscribe people from my test list, the mail to
the person being [un]subscribed comes from "test-request@<actual domain>"
rather than "test-request@<virtual domain>"  ie, when the mail is sent,
mailman is just specifying:
	From: test-request
instead of
	From: test-request at virtual.domain.com

... and sendmail is happily appending @realname.com to test-request.

I've got everything in all the config files pointing at the virtual domain, so
I'm not sure what else I can do.  Is this a bug, or is there a config option
somewhere to make mailman explicitly specify the domain when sending
administrative email?  It seems to me that mailman is expecting sendmail to
append the correct domain, and it's not happening.

Note that all of the email addresses within the administrative emails read
correctly, ie:
		test@<virtualdomain>

And if it turns out I need to hack mailman to do what I want, can somebody
tell me where this behavior is defined?

Thanks,
-Pat

Patrick O'Brien