[Mailman-Users] Keep old configuration files!!!

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Sep 13 17:13:58 CEST 2002

    DS>    I´m working with MM2.1b3 the config.db files from
    DS> prior MM version are now config.pck,

Right.  In MM2.1 we've changed from a marshal format to a pickle
format because the latter is much more robust.

    DS> i have to reinstall and change the domain name (i.e. actually
    DS> i have my.domain1.com i´m trying to change to my.domain2.com)
    DS> how can i do that??...

bin/withlist is the way I'd do it, although that'll be a bit manual.
In the next beta release, bin/fix_url.py will make this much easier
once you've set up your virtual domains.

    DS>     Will the new installation remove previous config
    DS> (config.pck) files??...

I'm not sure I understand the question.  config.pck acts just like the
old config.db files did, i.e. when you make a change to your list
config, it writes a new config.pck, then rotates the old one to a
backup file.  MM2.1 won't touch your config.db files after converting
them to .pck files.

-Barry