[Mailman-Users] Virtual Domains

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 18:03:35 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 17:39, Philip Reynolds wrote:
> I was wondering what the support is like for virtual domains in
> Mailman 2.0.12. Is it there? I'd prefer not to have to upgrade at
> the moment.

You can have lists in several multiple domains in Mailman 2.0.x

You cannot have name at domain1 and name at domain2 (ie same local part,
different domain part) be separate distinct lists without having
separate Mailman installations.

Depending on your MTA config you may or may not be able to handle
name at domain1 being valid and name at domain2 not being an alias for the
same list.  [ie it depends on your MTA setup as to whether a list
appears in all your virtual domains]

I don't think this changes significantly with 2.1, but haven't switched
myself so will let someone else confirm that.

	Nigel.