[Mailman-Users] List too big to load...

Philip Reynolds phil at rfc-networks.ie
Wed Sep 11 18:39:18 CEST 2002

Angel Gabriel <badmangabriel at lycos.co.uk> 13 lines of wisdom included:
> ... is it possible for a list to get too big to load via the web interface?
> I can't go to my member managment window, my browser just hangs, and then
> after about 3 minutes, it times out. Is it possible to manage the list from
> the command line? I just wnt to know how many people are on the list, and
> also stop them from posting. (It's an announce list)

What are the specs on your machine and how many people are on the
list? I've administered lists with 1,000 plus people on it with
absolutely no hassle.

I know lists with over 10,000 people on it, but these are being run
on heavy duty SPARC machines.

--
Philip Reynolds                      | RFC Networks Ltd.
philip.reynolds at rfc-networks.ie      | +353 (0)1 8832063