[Mailman-Users] Administartiva: MailDelays

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 13:28:50 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 10:53, Matthias Jänichen wrote:
> What is the reason, that some e-mails get delayed  for days in this list?

I would guess that the person sending the original mail was not
subscribed to the list at the time of sending.  The mail was therefore
held for moderation, and since the moderators have real jobs/lives/etc
the moderation didn't happen for a couple of days.

Just to be really annoying that message was actually duplicated - I
assume the sender got the message held for moderation notification, and
then he subscribed and sent the message again.

These things happen.  You could always order on original send date
rather than reception date - ordering will get very confused if you have
a mail outage for a while and your mail then turns up in one great
burst.

	Nigel.