[Mailman-Users] Web address in confirmation emails

Brian Read brianr at bjsystems.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 17:38:36 CEST 2002

Hi

It's quiet in here!!

A question - I have installed mailman on my Mitel SMEserver (rehat 7.0,
Qmail).  Internet connection is via an IpCop box to ADSL.

The DHCP and DNS run in the IpCop box.

Internally my domain is bjsystems.co.uk, but i do not host the web site
www.bj.... , it is held at my ISP

When a confirmation email arrives from mailman the web link is
<whatever>.bjsystems.co.uk  I need this to be my dynamic DNS address, not
the internal domain name, as the <whatever>.bjsystems.co.uk does not
resolve on my network to the server web page.

I have tried changing the parameter in the General options (Host name this
list prefers for email), but it does not seem to make any difference to the
contents of the emails sent out.

TIA

Brian

Brian J Read