[Mailman-Users] Please you help me !!

phlin phlin at fcu.edu.tw
Mon Sep 2 11:37:37 CEST 2002

Hi:

   I am now install mailman ,but there are some problem when configuation.
Can you help me ?
The Errer is :
  ms1% ./configure
  checking for --with-python... no
  checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
  checking Python interpreter... /usr/local/bin/python
  checking Python version... 2.2.1
  checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
  checking for true... /bin/true
  checking for --without-gcc... no
  checking for gcc... gcc
  checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
  checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
  checking whether #! works in shell scripts... yes
  checking for --with-var-prefix... no
  checking for --with-username... mailman
  checking for mailman UID... Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "conftest.py", line 1, in ?
      import pwd
    ImportError: No module named pwd
    cat: cannot open conftest.out
     configure: error:
     ***** No "mailman" user found!
     ***** Your system must have a "mailman" user defined
     ***** (usually in your /etc/passwd file).  Please see the INSTALL
     ***** file for details.

Note: My system is Solaris 2.8 ,python have installed, and username "mailman" have created , why have the error message !!!

Thanks!!

Ann Lin