[Mailman-Users] Postings appears both as text and as html

secure42 secure42 at flashmail.com
Mon Sep 9 11:30:59 CEST 2002

Look at the FAQ:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.013.htp

Most of these viruses/attachments come in as MIME encoded, so you can
always use stripmime[1], or demime[2] to get that stuff off of the
message prior to submitting it to the list. You can go one step further,
and look into MIMEDefang[3], which does a pletora of things for you.
There's also Quarantine[4], which will strip out any type of attachments
to your message. All of these solutions are external to Mailman (in fact
MIMEDefang hooks into sendmail - if you're running it), so you can
always end up with "clean" messages going through your list.

     [1] - http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.html
     [2] - http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html
     [3] - http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/
     [4] - http://www.johncon.com/john/QuarantineAttachments/

An alternative is a MIME handler patch for mailman itself - see

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=413752&group_id=103&atid=300103