[Mailman-Users] Mail Man Problems - No aliases being created.

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Sat Sep 7 16:26:58 CEST 2002

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Angel Gabriel wrote:
> Everytime I create a new list, no aliases are being added to sendmail. Mail
> cannot be recieved, and I get user not found. Any advice would be
> appreciated.

Mailman doesn't add the aliases to sendmail automatically.  newlist
prints out the aliases to add, and expects you to add them yourself.
Make sure that you run newaliases after you update /etc/aliases.

Mailman can't add them automatically because there are many different
MTAs out there, and not all of them use /etc/aliases and run
newaliases.  I believe that 2.1b3 attempts to add them for some well
known MTAs, but I don't know for sure.

alex