[Mailman-Users] Question:

Rajib A. Momen Elrond at BostonComputing.net
Fri Sep 6 16:03:41 CEST 2002

If these things can both be done, is there a place where I could go
about learning how to do them?

Best regards,
Rajib Momen

-----Original Message-----
From: Odhiambo Washington [mailto:wash at wananchi.com]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 2:39 AM
To: Rajib A. Momen
Cc: mailman-users at python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Question:

* Rajib A. Momen <Elrond at BostonComputing.net> [20020906 09:18]: wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was curious if there is a way to bypass the email confirmation of a
> subscription. It seems kind of redundant to sign up on a web site,
enter
> a password, and then have to reply to a message to confirm, since you
> just signed up! Is this possible?

I believe that can be done, but you shouldn't do it since it's a nice
security
for the list.

> Secondly, I was wondering if it was possible to set a list so that you
could
> unsubscribe from it by email without inputting the password. For
example, if
> I wanted the bottom of all my messages to have a link or very, very
simple
> instructions on how to unsubscribe, how would I go about doing this?
Currently
> it seems that the user MUST input his/her password. Any help would be
greatly
> appreciated. Thanks!

I am sure it can be done. Nothing is impossible but you have to find how
to do it.

If I were you, I'll just unsubscribe via e-mail. It's a very simple
process.

Hmm, some guys really love complicated systems.

        cheers
       - wash
-----+
Odhiambo Washington, wash at wananchi.com	. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi,
KE)  |
http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita
St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI