[Mailman-Users] Is one-way possible?

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Thu Sep 5 18:45:37 CEST 2002

On the Privacy Options page, set "Must posts be approved by an administrator?"
to yes so the occasional post will not pass. On General Options, set "Where are
replies to list messages directed?" to Explicit address and make sure that
address ends up in one of your inboxes.

There is no way to automatically discard the messages that come to the list, but
they won't be distributed. The users will probably get the hint that it's not a
discussion list fairly soon, and you probably want any replies anyway.

Van

Alexander Czernay wrote:

> This first one didn't appear, so I guessed that maybe Mailman's
> automatic admin-message removal kicked my first message out.
>
> Now I found some explanation on how to do set it up on MM2.1, but as
> that is beta, I'd rather like to use MM2.0. And for that, I couldn't
> find any infos. Could you please give me a hint?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Alexander
>
> Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>
> >* Alexander Czernay <listen at czernay.com> [20020905 18:07]: wrote:
> >

> >>This has probably been discussed before, but I couldn't find an answer
> >>in the FAQs, so...
> >>

> >You did not look in the archives ;-)
> >
> >It's possible and it's been discussed multiple times.
> >

> >Why are you sending the same e-mail twice "dressed differently"?
> >

> >-Wash

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,