[Mailman-Users] Internal Server Error

marina marina at reliance.it
Wed Sep 4 02:29:14 CEST 2002

At 11:51 AM -0400 2/9/02 [dmy], barry at python.org (Barry A. Warsaw)
wrote about [Subject] Re: [Mailman-Users] Internal Server Error:

  >    marina> I was wondering whether there's any information available
  >    marina> on possible reasons for 500 Internal Server Errors, apart
  >    marina> from mailman's locks.
  >
  >Internal Server Errors come from the web server, so you should check
  >its logs for clues.
  >
  >-Barry

Thank you, I know that. Sorry if I didn't make my question clear
enough. What I would like to know is if there's any clues on what
might cause 500 server errors when a list administrator tries to
update the admindb queue.

I maintain the list, but have no access to the web server logs, and
the sie administrator hasn't been able to find out what causes these
random errors. I don't know, and I'm only guessing here, but I would
think that if the log had an explanation of what happened, fixing the
error wouldn't be a problem for the site administrator.

Am I wrong in assuming that the error in the Web server is caused by
something mailman does, and could therefore be avoided if we knew
(and could fix) what mailman is doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

marina
Co-ListMum, Soap Naturally mailing list
<http://www.soapnaturally.org/>