[Mailman-Users] Re: Domain is rewritten

Kenneth Jacker khj at be.cs.appstate.edu
Mon Sep 2 19:01:23 CEST 2002

  fredrik> I don't want to change it's hostname. The mail.domain.tld
  fredrik> is what I want it to be called. When I send mail out as
  fredrik> local users it gets user at domain.tld. And as said when I
  fredrik> manually act mailman, connect to port 25 and send mail from
  fredrik> test at lists.domain.tld it goes out unchanged.

Interesting.

This is the same type of error that's occurring with me (mailman-2.0.13-1)
on the incoming confirmation emails (lowest zone being removed in
some, but not all, of the headers). [For details, see my earlier
post.]   I, however, am using /sendmail/.

Barry wrote to me off-list and implied the problem might *not* be
within /Mailman/. Instead, he suggested I check out the MTA
(/sendmail/ in my case).  The fact that we're both seeing similar
behavior yet using different MTAs suggests that maybe something else
is going on, no?

  fredrik> So I could need a hint to where to dig.

Me too!

  -Kenneth