[Mailman-Users] 2.1b3 and making a list moderated?

Tom Whiting wolf at wolfstream.net
Mon Sep 2 02:17:30 CEST 2002

On Sunday 01 September 2002 01:07 pm, Mike D. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My server administrator just installed 2.1b3.  There was the option
> to moderate all postings to a list in the privacy section of the
> previous version of Mailman, but now I can not locate any such
> option.  The only thing I can find is the "Emergency moderation of
> all list traffic" selection at the top of the admin pages.  Is this
> the only way to have the email list now be moderated, or is there
> another way I am missing.
I agree 100% here.. This is probably the only problem i've found with beta
version of mailman, that the moderation has to be chosen on an individual
basis,or that you can't just define you want a certain list to be read only.

Here's what I mean;
You start up X list
X list is supposed to be a low-traffic announcement list, something for you to
announce releases, uptime,etc to your customers.
By default, any customer can post to X list,with no way to change this.
So, what you're left with is an open list that any customer can post to and
spam.

Not exactly a smart idea.

**shrug**