OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 11:44:40 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 10:11, J C Lawrence wrote:
> However we're talking about an option here, not a mandate.  Privately I
> want Mailman's VERP-ish knobs and I'll play with personalistion of To:
> on my smaller lists to see how that goes before possibly rolling out to
> the larger lists if well received.  BUT, when using Mailman as a
> corporate representation tool (which I do), eg as a front face to
> marketing or engineering, then personalising To: is flat out wonderful
> and does exactly what I (as the list owner and target of Marketing's ire
> in those cases) want.

True - the discussion has become a mixture of what Mailman should be
able to do, along with how Mailman should be running this list.... and
to a large degree my To comments are in relation to this list with the
obvious requirement that it must be possible to run Mailman without
playing games with the To header :-)

	Nigel.