[Mailman-Users] B4 changed the To: line?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Oct 30 18:21:16 CET 2002

    DC> We have had a nice long debate about changing the To: line.

I think we can stop the debate now.  I am going to back this change
out for MM2.1 and we can re-address it for later versions.  I'll leave
the code commented out so anybody who wants the behavior shouldn't
find it too hard to re-enable.

    DC> Why can't the List ID contain only the name of the list and
    DC> not the other material.  Easy sort.

Because List-ID format is defined by an RFC.  We would need a /really/
good reason to break an internet standard, and I don't think we have
one for this header.

-Barry