personalization features (was Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3))

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Oct 29 18:50:16 CET 2002

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 09:12  AM, Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:

>> It's a feature, not a bug.
>
> ouch!
>
> Is this feature enabled by default? If so, I urge you to reconsider.

No. and I wouldn't expect it to be in 2.1. but I think it ought to be
considered an indication of "future directions in thinking". hint hint.

> I think the use of this feature should be strongly deprecated,
> like reply-to munging.

why? I'm curious. Other than it's "not what I'm used to"?

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

He doesn't have ulcers, but he's a carrier.