[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman 2.0.8 qfiles problem]

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Oct 28 17:36:01 CET 2002

At 13:18 28/10/2002, Ganeshh wrote:
>Hi Ricard
>
>Thanks for your mail.
>
>The problem was with the mail size and i rectified the same.
>
>But one thing, that particular list in which i had mail size restricted to
>2 MB,  still  guys were sending mails with huge attachments, and that was
>not moderated properly.

I haven't seen this problem. Maybe someone else on mailman-users has.

>In the above case, will the mail still sit on the queue ? or will it sit
>on the queue once the mail is approved?

With the lists where I've got posting size restrictions, any post over the
size limit is held pending authorization. Initially they are in the
$prefix/qfiles directory until it is determined they are too big and are
held. for approval. While held they sit in the directory $prefix/data with
a different name. Once approved they are moved back into the $prefix/qfiles
directory again with a different name until they are sent out to the list
membership.