[Mailman-Users] Subscribe non member posters?

Space Hijackers spacehijackers at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 27 16:29:16 CET 2002

I don't know if this is impossible or not, but bear with me and I will
explain my problem.

I am using mailman in order to run a list, and wish to get a bit more
information about people who wish to subscribe (A short statement or series
of check boxes).  Obviously the subscribe page just asks for their email and
a password.  Is it possible to add other parts to this?

Another alternative would be to get non members to send a mail to the list
applying to join with a short statement.  I can set it to allow non member
postings with admin approval, the admin can read the message and then mass
subscribe them.

But is there a way of having a subscribe/reject button on the held post
options as there is with the subscribe options?

Does anyone else have any ideas or can someone point me in the right
direction?

I would really appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Robin