[Mailman-Users] Web subscription not working

fish fish at livingsky.net
Fri Oct 25 18:06:47 CEST 2002

Thanks Odhiambo

I would do this, but I cannot find any tarballs anywhere which relate to
mailman on my system. Where would I get this, and is it advisable to do so
under the Debian system? (this part addresses to Debian users)

I was checking out the netstat results, as John suggested that someone else
do, and this is what I got

--------
fish:/var/log#  netstat -na |grep ":25 "
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
--------

Being a linux neophyte, this seems to say that nothing is listening on
localhost or 127.0.0.1.

And being curious, I decided to check the passwd file for the user with
pid:uid of 103 and it was the other list program that I was using when I
decided to try mailman (whispering here, "it was Listar") and was wondering
if I should just change the pid:uid of that user to what mailman was looking
for?

Robert Lydiate
icon at accesscomm.ca