[Mailman-Users] duplicate post

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 16:09:57 CEST 2002

At 14:20 24/10/2002, sean pambianco wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm running mailman 2.06 on a freebsd box.  From time to time, posts to my
>lists start being delivered in duplicate, some times even triplicate,
>quadruplicate, and more.
>
>Checking the headers confirms it is the same message being sent out twice.
>Is this a know issues and is there any fix for it? A patch or upgrade
>maybe?
>
>Thanks,
>Sean

Just a sanity check, you haven't got any umbrella lists that could be
causing this have you?

If not, the issue is whether it is Mailman sending things out multiple
times or your MTA.

I'd try to verify from the MTA log (?var/log/mail ?) whether Mailman is
passing the duplicates to the MTA or not.

If Mailman isn't passing the MTA duplicates then suspect the MTA; for
instance, I'm told that there are circumstances when Sendmail will send out
duplicates.