[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1b3 qrunner performance (backlog)

Andrew D. Clark andrew.clark at ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 22 20:53:28 CEST 2002

To quote from bin/qrunner:

"Each named runner class is run in round-robin fashion.  In other words, the
first named runner is run to consume all the files currently in its
directory.  When that qrunner is done, the next one is run to consume all
the
files in /its/ directory, and so on.  The number of total iterations can be
given on the command line."

So, if I understand this correctly, if ArchRunner is the first named
qrunner (the default), it will have to complete its run before an other
qrunner will be able to process their queues.  Is this correct?  It seems a
little backwards, since I'd guess that archives are usually the lowest
priority queue.  Can this ordering be changed by altering the QRUNNERS = []
array?
So, the qrunners _aren't_ really executing in parallel?

--
Andrew Clark
Campus Network Programmer

--On Saturday, October 19, 2002 21:55:35 -0400 "Barry A. Warsaw"