[Mailman-Users] preferred sendmail replacement?

Jon Parise jon at csh.rit.edu
Tue Oct 22 05:11:26 CEST 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 07:57:45PM -0700, NOW Website Coordinator wrote:

This has the potential to be come religious, but ...

> What sendmail replacement are you using for your Unix (preferably Solaris)
> machine?  Is it reliable?  Fast (how big are your lists)?  Not too hard to
> configure and use?

I've had excellent luck with Postfix.  Configuration is always a
breeze, and performance is quite good.  In terms of Mailman, the
integration is quite good (in the Mailman 2.1 branch).

I've also heard good things about exim, but I've never run it myself.

I used to run qmail (mainly for ezmlm), but I got tired of the
"non-standard" way it handled things (e.g. .qmail files), switched to
Postfix, and never looked back.

--
Jon Parise (jon at csh.rit.edu)  ::  http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jon/