[Mailman-Users] Re: Problems with mailman 2.1b3 in a production environment

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Oct 21 23:48:06 CEST 2002

    |    digestid = _('%(realname)s Digest, Vol %(volume)d, Issue %(issue)d')
    |  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/i18n.py", line 76, in _
    |    return _translation.gettext(s) % dict
    | ValueError: unsupported format character ',' (0x2c) at index 18

This, and my knowing you're using the pt_BR translation led me to the
clue.  The mailman.po file has a broken translation for this source
string.  The `s' format character was left off the %(realname)s
substitution variable.

I'll fix that, but don't forget to use bin/transcheck to check your
translations (I know we're still trying to work out cvs access for
you!).

-Barry