[Mailman-Users] How to to automatically add users..?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 21 04:31:12 CEST 2002

You would copy the script to a file and then make the file executable:
  chmod a+x <filename>

Then you would run the file nightly as either the user root or the user
mailman.  To do this as the mailman user you would:
  su mailman
  crontab -i

This will let you edit the crontab for mailman. The following line added to
the crontab would run the file ~mailman/localuser_sync (assuming you saved
the script given in the last email into that file) at 2:05am every night:
    5 2 * * *    ~mailman/localuser_sync

Good Luck - Jon Carnes