[Mailman-Users] (un)subscribing to Mailman list via emal

Lisa Clinton lisaclinton78 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 19 15:31:30 CEST 2002

I am planning to set up a Mailman mailing list for my
users. My experience is that for many of these people
it is a bit easier if they can subscribe (or
unsubscribe) by simply sending an email to a special
address, instead of going to a web page (they're used
to Yahoo Groups, which has that sort of feature).

I understand that Mailman does allow people to
(un)subscribe by sending an email. What format does
Mailman require? What address should people use?

I did look around for Mailman documention and found
quite a lot, and it did mention that people can
(un)subscribe via email, but nowhere did it say
specifically how.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Lisa