[Mailman-Users] Hotmail dumping Mailman messages?

Jeff Simmons jsimmons at goblin.punk.net
Thu Oct 17 19:27:00 CEST 2002

On Thursday 17 October 2002 09:47 am, Jeff Dairiki wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:42:40 -0700
>
> Geoff Allen <geoff at wsu.edu> wrote:
> > One of our list owners got the following explanation from hotmail:

> > 48 hours later the spooler crashes from having an insanely long que,

> > it reboots and notices that all of your messages have been in the que
> > for 48 hours and that their TTL has expired.
>
> A good story... but our messages are bouncing in a matter of minutes,
> not 48 hours...

Agreed.  Some of my messages are getting those 5.0.0 replies almost
instantaneously.

And it's always the messages with multiple recipients.  Single recipient
messages go through just fine.

Jeff Simmons				       jsimmons at goblin.punk.net
     Simmons Consulting - Network Engineering, Administration, Security
    "You guys, I don't hear any noise.  Are you sure you're doing it right?"
                        - My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult