[Mailman-Users] Read only list

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Wed Oct 16 11:30:03 CEST 2002

At 11:04 16/10/2002 +0300, admin wrote:
>!!!Hello! Heelp - Myyy !!!
>
>Is it possible to create a private list where only one or two
>subscribers can post, and the others can only read? And if possible,
>than how? Like majordomo or any, containing in body message: "Approved:
>'password' " - to not to load administrators by constant requirement of the
>approval!
>I've checked the list management web page, but I couldn't find
>anything about it there. (((

Set "Restrict posting privilege to list members?" to "No", and then add
your privileged posting addresses into the "Addresses of members accepted
for posting to this list without implicit approval requirement" field.

See "Posting privileges explained" here:

http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mailman-administration-v2.html

for an explanation of how the various settings interact to achieve what you
want.

Mark