[Mailman-Users] 2.1 and keepalive?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Oct 16 07:13:07 CEST 2002

    >> I've been running our MM2.1b3 installation on python.org
    >> non-stop without interruption or restart (except occasionally
    >> to sync to cvs).  Check your log files for details.

    spamfilter2> Nothing in there. It just "stops running".

If that's really the case, and there's no trace of a problem in any of
the log files (including your mail server's logs), then you need to go
into debug mode.

- shut down the daemon with "mailmanctl stop"

- send a message to the list

- you should see two files in qfiles/in

- run the various qrunners manually, like so

    % bin/qrunner -r Incoming -o

- substitute other queues as necessary

- you should eventually end up with files in qfiles/out

- when you run "qrunner -r Outgoing -o" the files should get delivered
  to your smtpd, and you should be able to see that in the logs

- if that all flows without error, the problem must be in your mail
  server.

HTH,
-Barry