[Mailman-Users] Install frustration - 2.1b3

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Wed Oct 9 13:06:54 CEST 2002

Alls well that ends ...

I cured the problem, finally, by deleting all the aliases in my virtual domain setup, which
I had created following one of the explanations in the README.POSTFIX file. Of course I was
then running Mailman 2.0.13.

If anyone has a better checklist of things to do to setup "postfix virtual domains", please
post here and possibly send it to roadstar at verbose.twistedhistory.com - the address I'll be
checking for the next week while I'm out of town.

Van

Larry Rosenman wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 04:33, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:
>
> > I discovered from the /var/log/maillog file that I had a problem with my aliases, and
> > came to figure out that I was editing /etc/postfix/aliases but newaliases was using
> > the /etc/aliases file to create an aliases.db file I now have added all the correct
> > aliases (from bin/genaliases) to the /etc/aliases file, run newaliases, and just in
> > case, copied both to /etc/postfix/.
> [snip]
> >

> >      Oct  9 02:25:42 virtuoso postfix/qmgr[841]: 8702E2D7B2:
> >      from=<vanhorn at whidbey.com>, size=1258, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
> >      Oct  9 02:25:42 virtuoso postfix/local[1490]: fatal: open database
> >      /etc/postfix/aliases.db: Invalid argument
> This looks like a DB version mismatch... (I'm not a postfix guy)...
>
> > Incidentally, this message has not been bounced.
> >
> > I have to get on a plane in a few hours, and would like not to leave the system in
> > this state for the next week!
> Understand that one.  I'd check the makemap version and postfix version
> for what DB (DBM) they are using.  Somethings not matched right.
>
> LER
>
> --
> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
> US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,