[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1b3 gate_news cron problem Sparc/Linux 6.2

colin_neeson at mac.com colin_neeson at mac.com
Tue Oct 8 13:39:14 CEST 2002

Hi All,

I'm a bit of a newbie in relation to Mailman and Python, but I have
successfully installed Mailman 2.1b3 on a Sparc/Linux 6.2 (Zoot) box,
and everything has been peachy until I try to gate mail to news and
vice versa.

I configured the news server today (innd), and can successfully post
and read news items I have sent to it.  When the cron job for gate_news
runs, I get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 270, in ?
     main()
   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 252, in main
     clearcache()
   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 107, in clearcache
     conn.quit()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/nntplib.py", line 552, in quit
     resp = self.shortcmd('QUIT')
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/nntplib.py", line 247, in shortcmd
     self.putcmd(line)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/nntplib.py", line 187, in putcmd
     self.putline(line)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/nntplib.py", line 182, in putline
     self.sock.sendall(line)
socket.error: (32, 'Broken pipe')

I've done a search on sourceforge and a quick search on the archives,
but not a lot there in respect to this.  Could anyone offer a bit of a
hand here?

Cheers,

-colin.